SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all!

I had the typical brake light failure on my 94 vert. The 2 brake lights on passenger side stopped working. Turns out my driver tail light gasket is shot and water has been seeping in. It mostly has destroyed the driver side board.

I have a spare. I went to pull the wire harness/plug with my grippers. My hand slipped and I accidentally yanked a wire from the plug. Its a red wire that jumps from one pin to another I suppose ?

No idea where this red wire goes....

Pic attached. Any help me to where this goes?

Any advice appreciated.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its the drivers side.. I think it was looped on with the red wire next to it.. unfort I ordered circuit board for passenger. Just ordered a board for driver side. I noticed they are just about identical except for swapping of contacts on a few sockets. But to swap contacts id have to remove melted plastic tabs that secure circuit to frame and id rather just keep this extra as a passenger spare.

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
Another approach, if you have the tools, is to remove the Saab header entirely and solder new wires to the "board" and then put whatever connector you want on those wires ... Weatherpack, Molex, JPT, etc. I did that on a convertible I had years ago... Worked great!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts