SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dealer tells me my secondary air pump is not getting power. The relay has been replaced and is fine. I’ve got to have a bad wire/connection between the power fuse and the pump.

Where can I find a wiring diagram for this system? I’ve tried to find it in the WIS and remain mystified at how to fully use this crazy system. HELP! Thanks!

·
Registered
8,814 Posts
Check wire between ECU pin B34 and little fuse box (front of battery) pin 3.
If this is OK, check wire between SAI pump pin 1 and fuse box pin 1.
Check also fuse 1 in fuse box.
WIS: Engine, V6, Motronic part 4/4.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Just re-check if there is power at the pump, dont trust other people work.
If there is no ground, check grounding point.
If there is no power, check MAXI fuse 1 .
And then take it from there

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No power to pump

I've torn into it and I'm not getting power from the relay to the pump connector. The ground side of the wire is fine but I think there must be a break in the wire between the relay and the pump connector. Ugh.

There's a slight possibility that the break could be in the small fuse box but I can't seem to get it apart I'm researching that now. Thanks for the help! You guys are amazing!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I gave up.

I don’t think I’m comfortable with splicing a new wire in from the fuse box down to the pump. It’s definitely the brown/yellow wire that is broken. I have no idea where because it disappears into the loom. I just don’t think I can solder under the car on that connection that I can barely reach. I’m going to let the dealer do it. :cry:

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
U will probably do it better than them if u just got some determination ..
They couldn't diagnose it to start with so they throw a relay at it .. amateurs

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
U will probably do it better than them if u just got some determination ..
They couldn't diagnose it to start with so they throw a relay at it .. amateurs
Alright I'm going to try it myself. Splicing the wire in the fuse box is child's play. I'm more worried about the one down at the connector. Before I cut any wires I am going to get an insulation piercing probe and verify that the break is not in the connector and is hidden in the loom. I don't have any probes like that but I think I have a friend who might have one.

Thanks so much guys!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts