SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so the wiring connection for the fog lights, side marker lights, and outside temperature sensor is located below the windshield fluid reservoir. I continue to have intermittent issues with this connection. I already took all the wires 1 by 1 and cleaned the tips (with electrical cleaning spray and a metal thin file on the female side and cleaned the male end. But I still have issues and if I move the connector area, the lights work and turn on. Considering I cleaned the connectors are my wires causing the bad connection? Anyone have any idea on how to fix this issue?

saab 2007 wire connector IMAG1103.jpg

·
Super Moderator
20,194 Posts
If messing with it causes everything pinned to it to go bad then the ground is likely having a bad connection.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Replace connector housings and pins.
I thought about doing this and running new wire. Do you happen to know what type of pins these are? I can't figure this out, pretty sure the wires are by delphi. I can reuse the plastic hosing since I have the tool to depin.

If messing with it causes everything pinned to it to go bad then the ground is likely having a bad connection.
Diggs so I think you mean that since shaking the wire fixes/affects multiple components I should suspect the ground? I actually soldered the crimp connection a year ago suspecting the same thing. Problem came back a few months later. When I soldered the area the crimp was actually solid.

·
Registered
8,791 Posts
If connector housings are intact and seals are OK, yes.
I use original, so I do not know aftermarket pin P/Ns.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I tried cleaning the contacts again no luck so I decided to solder the contacts after pulling them from the plastic. Everything is flawless now. So whatever delphi/saab used on these metal connectors is just garbage. Even after cleaning and sanding and then pressing the female ends was still getting intermittent on off. But now its fixed so onto my P0341 error...which I suspect is another electrical problem.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts