SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to put a Kennwood head unit in where my current CD player is but I can't find what wiring harness I need. I am keeping the original head unit in can I just take it off of that? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
There is no wiring harness for the 2005 9-3. The stock head unit needs to stay in the car for it to start.

·
Super Moderator
9,363 Posts
what you see in the dash is the control panel the actual h/u is behind the ac panel..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, so how would I be able to hook the speakers up to the Kennwood head unit up to the speakers? The speakers are all amped and there are 7 of them, plus I want to add a sub

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Okay, so how would I be able to hook the speakers up to the Kennwood head unit up to the speakers? The speakers are all amped and there are 7 of them, plus I want to add a sub
You would have to tap into all the speakers and bypass the stock sound system completely.

·
Super Moderator
9,363 Posts
he means that if you mess up the stock headunit and its connections then your car won't work
this,the fibre optic loop doesn't just do the car audio it links other systems aswell..

why not just change the dash & rear shelf speakers & add a decent 4 channel amp(bridgeableto 3) which can run a pair of 6x9's & a sub.. or just add a sub

1 - 13 of 13 Posts