SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wipers are working, but when manually operated, the wipers stop so the stalk needs to be held in order for the wipers to keep going or back to the park position.

Auto setting works, but the 'speed setting (0-max) doesn't. Higher speed works fine.

Windshield washer doesn't work.

My 25yr old car's wipers are working until this date as well as many things. My 9-3 is like 6yrs old and many things have broke. Tsk Tsk.

- VIDEO -

Seems like the same issue as THIS.

Any thoughts? Where to buy parts, what kind of parts? Motor only or whole assembly? Dealer or refurb/aftermarket?

Thank much.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Actually the similar issue is THIS Above link is for Removal/Installation guide which is pretty detailed.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just fixed this last week. I decided to have the dealer take care of it. I wanted the original part as I've read that the aftermakert/rebuilt aren't as good. If I remember, the new part is also a new design to prevent the issue from happening again.
It has been snow storming here. Really nice to have a properly working wipers.

Cost of wiper motor: $380 + 1hr labor.

·
Super Moderator
20,434 Posts
Just fixed this last week. I decided to have the dealer take care of it. I wanted the original part as I've read that the aftermakert/rebuilt aren't as good. If I remember, the new part is also a new design to prevent the issue from happening again.
It has been snow storming here. Really nice to have a properly working wipers.

Cost of wiper motor: $380 + 1hr labor.
Got a part # for that new design?

·
Registered
301 Posts
You can get the motors for like 250 from GS, just fyi. This can also be a UEC issue, so get it diagnosed by a dealer first before you spend money just to have to spend more. I know it sucks, but its better to know before you go ahead with it

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You can get the motors for like 250 from GS, just fyi. This can also be a UEC issue, so get it diagnosed by a dealer first before you spend money just to have to spend more. I know it sucks, but its better to know before you go ahead with it
What is a UEC issue?

That's good to know that GS carries the same exact part #? I haven't looked. Link?

I just don't have the time right now to order, wait, pay shipping, do the work myself or whatnot. There's has been a lot of crazy snow storm here 3'-4' and a lot of rain, sleet etc.

I'm fine with spending a little extra money on this issue. Wipers are kind of important especially during the winter and rainy season.
My dealership is one of the best. They have the best car service that I've had and they have done a lot of warrany jobs without questions.

My car is practically new with all the parts they have replaced at no cost even though my warranty has expired a year ago.
So, yeh., I have no problems supporting this dealership. I have also purchased some stuff from GS, so I do support them as well.

·
Registered
301 Posts
UEC = Underhood electrical controller/centre. basically think of it as the "accessory brains" computer. It can actually be defective and require replacing, and it's not cheap.

I looked into it a while back, just ended up emailing them and asking them, and they have the updated wiper motors as opposed to the previous design

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
^ Thanks. Won't other accesories be affected as well if the UEC malfunctions?

Yes, I believe the new wiper motors have 'better desings to they don't shor circuit easily.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts