SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I just purchased a 95 Saab 9000 with a windshield wiper problem. The problem is that they won't shut off. I removed the switch and tested that and it seems ok. What am I missing?
Thanks
Myles

·
Registered
183 Posts
relais malfunction?

I think it is switched to the on-position all the time.
When the interval is switched on, you here a *tick everytime the wipers go.
So I reckon you mean by can't switch off, that they are always on the lowest continious speed?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I had the same problem when I reconnected a headlamp wiper motor after I noticed it was disconnected.

From Saab9000.com :

"Thanks to the reader who suggested that there is a diode in the wiper motor to stop current from flowing back out of the yellow wire (to the washer switch and hence to the washer pump) while the motor is parking. I may not have thought of it for ages, if at all! The diode appears to be sealed within the casing."

More here.

·
Registered
174 Posts
"The switch is set to off on the lever and the lever is in the full upwards position."

If the lever is in the full upwards position then isn't this the position for intermittant wipe? Off is second position down, on my car at least...

Sorry if I've missed the point!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a similar thing on my 96 CSE. The wipers won't shut off after being used on intermittent on normal speeds - but only sometimes! I have replaced the relay but it still happens. I assumed it must now be either the actual switch or the park mechanism on the motor. Any more ideas?

·
Registered
16 Posts
had this b4 on other cars.. it's usually the park mechanism in the wiper motor.. on the ones I've seen it's like a peg in a slot... the peg was sticking through dirt and grease.. cleaned it up and hey presto..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts