SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put the wipers on yesterday while there was still some snow on the screen (not a lot , honest!) .
Now the wipers are playing up. On intermittent setting the wipers go halfway across and stop, if I gently push the wiper arms they "unstick" , they are like this whichever way across the screen they are wiping.
On normal wipe they work ok , backwards and forwards no problem but when you turn them off they dont stop where they are meant to.
I know that using the wipers with snow on the screen can blow the fuse , but whats happened to mine?

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
This happened to me on my first 9-5, and then after a period of winding me up, it started working properly again :roll:

Fingers crossed it will do for you too! (any chance the stalk has got a bit sticky?)

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I pulled the fuse , (do I know what Im doing? NO!) to see if maybe it might "reset" something and it was still the same, as you said Chris maybe itll sort itself back out over a couple of days.
Stalk seems ok as well.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, wipers still arent working:(
It was suggested that I remove the wiper arms, take of the plastic cover and then disconnect the mechanism and put the wipers on.
This would then possibly "reset" the parking position . if that makes sense.
Problem is, I cant get the wiper arms off. Ive soaked where the spindle comes through with WD40 , tried levering it off and then something more drastic, which should of worked but didnt?
Have the metals reacted and sort of fused together?
Has anyone manage to get theirs off?

·
Registered
679 Posts
They can be an absolute bugger to remove lots of wrangling/wriggling/pulling required with some freeing oil left to soak in.

Also you maybe able to get a pullers on to help remove them.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think its going to need a puller, I actually used one of those fork shaped balljoint splitters and it never even budged:eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts