SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
My windscreen wiper blades are very noisy, even on a very wet windscreen.
They make the same noise (brrr brrr brrr) as on a dry windscreen.
The wiper blades are not old at all (6 monts),, original Saab ones, and in perfect condition (no cracks, etc)
But the rubber seems to be too dry - hence, the noise on question
Do tou have an idea of a lubrifiant which I could put on then to, ameliorate the situation and make then more 'slippery' ?
I'm looking for a cheap solution, not to replace them again, nor replace the windscreen ;), etc.
Please frogive my mistakes in english, I'm Belgian, french speaking ...
Thanks for your help
Bjorn

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
Bonjour Bjorn

Your wiper blades should not be noisy. You may have something on the windshield that is making them 'stick' - give the windshield a good cleaning with some glass cleaner, then polish it with newspaper to see if that removes any contaminants. You can also clean the blades with some windshield washer fluid on a cloth. How old are the blades? I have to replace mine every year or two.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I had this same issue. In my case it was because the blade had deformed from it's position of rest and was bent over. Instead of dragging back and forth in both directions, it dragged in one direction and pushed like a scraper in the other direction. It was on this push that the blade would chatter across the windshield really loud. Only solution for me was new blades. A bit steep at Pep Boys.

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Just cured the same problem on mine. As has been suggested clean the screen 3 or 4 times to get any impurities off, clean with Autoglym "quick glass" weekly and the blades will glide over the glass.

·
Registered
9,874 Posts
Kermit said:
Just cured the same problem on mine. As has been suggested clean the screen 3 or 4 times to get any impurities off, clean with Autoglym "quick glass" weekly and the blades will glide over the glass.

I'll have to give that a try ...

One question though .... I use window treatments to get the water to just bead off the glass (like a wax). It works wonders, but I'm starting to wonder if it actually affects the way the blades work on the car.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Try cleaning the blades with rubbing alcohol, you'll be amazed what comes off the blades.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Acouple of weeks ago tirerack.com had a sale on Bosch Icon blades, buy 1 get 1 free. I picked up 4 since winter is coming up. Great blade, no streaking, hopping or noise. Just passing along a good deal.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll clean it, polish it ....

Hello,
Thanks for your answers,
I checked my windscreen this morning : it's a reality : I've to polish it seriously.
I'll do it this afternoon, as well as cleaning the blades as described by anybody of you
I'll give you some news in a few days time, waiting the rain now ...
Bjorn :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts