SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey it just started snowing here today and i quickly realized i need to take of my rims and put my stock rims back on. My question is what are some good affordable winter tires that fit the stock rims of a 2005 93 aero and does anybody know any good sites i can grab some off. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
I have the Continential WinterContact TS 810's and they work well. I also heard good things about Goodyear Ultragrip as well.

I would not cheap out on winter tires....get a reputable brand...

Paul

·
Registered
248 Posts
The best winter tires I ever had were the Nordic Ice Trac from Canadian Tire. Though, the 92x was awd so that might have helped. They used to sell IceTrac and SnowTrac (or something like that) but this year they only have the 'Nordic' and they're not secretive about telling you that GoodYear makes it.

I'm going to order some decent looking 16" alloys from TireRack - cheaper even with duty and shipping than buying them from anyone around here - and get the Nordics put on them. The dealer wants $1500 for 4 alloys and Michelins but i figure I can get set up for winter for about $900.

I can't find 5x110 steelies anywhere around here but the dealer and the alloys at TireRack are the same price so why not get a better looking wheel!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts