SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Winter is coming and I'm looking for suggestions on what winter tire I should look at buying. What is everybody running on their 93's and how well do they stack up in light/deep snow, ice, slush? I'm currently running a set of 205/60/16 Dunlop Graspic DS3 tires. I got a nice discount on them at Wally world and at the time of purchasing them they had good reviews on tirerack, and 1010tires ect... but after two seasons running these. I am not impressed with their handling in any kind of winter weather. I don't know if its the car or the tires because I have heard these cars handle pretty well in the snow, but the first two winters driving this car in snow I have not been too impressed compared with past cars I have owned with cheaper grade tires on.

·
Premium Member
31,228 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Gislevead winter tires, Swedish design, worked great on my 9-3 Aero SC last winter in Toronto. High speed stability and winter traction as shown in the Saab Club of Canada Winter Tour. Yes the Dunlop Graspic DC3 is poor on stability but worked well in snow for traction on my 9000 Aero.

·
Premium Member
31,228 Posts
I second the Nokian suggestion. Would get them myself if I had the money. Maybe next year...
I've bought every set of Nokians I've ever had second-hand, except the WRG2 that's on my ex-Subie Outback which my parents drive now. Even for my own car my winter set is second-hand ALU38 with WRG2 that were about 10/32" tread when I got them.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm currently running a set of 205/60/16 Dunlop Graspic DS3 tires.
How do the 205's fit? I currently have a set of 205s off of my old Pontiac G5. I figured it would be a big change from 235s. I guess they'll cut through the snow onto the pavement pretty well.

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
I have liked the Blizzak WS70's on our 2008 9-3 in the stock 215/55R16 size. Reasonable price/performance ratio for my use. You probably get more snow than we do here but last winter here was pretty bad and my daughter had no issues with the Blizzaks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts