SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All: We just picked up our Aero a week ago, it has the performance 17" tire package. I checked the tire rack web page for winter tires and wheels and they have a package for the Aero available in 16" and 17". The 16s are considerable lower in cost. My question- will the 16" wheel package work.
By the way we were not even in the market for a new car and I did not even know the Aero existed until I was wandering around the GM Card web page. Then when I relalized it was made by Subaru my wife and I beat feet to the Saab Dealer and sealed the deal. We had an Oldsmobile which got us another $1,000 off (Olds loyalty coupon sent to owners when GM announced the shut down). My wife had a 97 Outback and it was her favorite car until the Saab came into our garage. Anyhow thanks for your help with the wheel issue.

·
Registered
44 Posts
south said:
Hello All: We just picked up our Aero a week ago, it has the performance 17" tire package. I checked the tire rack web page for winter tires and wheels and they have a package for the Aero available in 16" and 17". The 16s are considerable lower in cost. My question- will the 16" wheel package work.
By the way we were not even in the market for a new car and I did not even know the Aero existed until I was wandering around the GM Card web page. Then when I relalized it was made by Subaru my wife and I beat feet to the Saab Dealer and sealed the deal. We had an Oldsmobile which got us another $1,000 off (Olds loyalty coupon sent to owners when GM announced the shut down). My wife had a 97 Outback and it was her favorite car until the Saab came into our garage. Anyhow thanks for your help with the wheel issue.
16" would be best. Softer sidewall, more rim protection (in case you skid, etc), and narrower foot print is always best for winter tires. A good 205/55R16 would work the best.

·
Registered
28 Posts
i bought a set of 16" wheels off an 03 WRX just for that reason...check the WRX forums like nasioc.com for some deals if your looking for a cheap winter set to mount winter tires on...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts