SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Set of 4 mounted (16") Continental "ExtremeWinterContact" tires. 215/55/16. Purchased 1-15-10 for 2006 Saab 9-3 but ended up selling the car. Original purchase price = $780. Total use approximately 12 months of local driving (secondary car). Attractive wheel covers included if wanted. $300. Location: Liberty, MO.

According to Continental's website: "The ExtremeWinterContact uses an advanced high-tech winter tread compound that remains flexible in freezing temperatures to enhance snow and ice traction. This compound is molded into an asymmetric tread pattern that blends dry road handling with foul-weather traction. The elevated bases of the lateral grooves produce a stiffer tread pattern for improved dry handling while independent tread blocks featuring structured high-density sipes provide the multiple gripping edges to enhance traction and braking on snow."

·
Super Moderator
20,436 Posts
How much tread is left?
Are these steel wheels with covers? Got any pics? Thanks.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Man, why can't I find these bargains near Northen Arizona!!!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How much tread is left?
Are these steel wheels with covers? Got any pics? Thanks.
Yes, I have pictures that clearly show the tread, wheels and covers. Is there a way to post them on this forum or to send them to you?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Man, why can't I find these bargains near Northen Arizona!!!!!
Because most northern Arizonians (is that what you're called?) realize they aren't needed. "Snow tires" is sort-of a misnomer. They should really be called extreme low-temperature tires. Flagstaff simply doesn't get cold enough to warrant the need for the softer rubber compounds found in snow tires. In fact, people usually find that their steering and cornering is less responsive and more mushy if the ambient temperature is mild... such as Flagstaff's which has average high temperatures in the 40's during dec, jan, and feb. Around here, the average high temps for those months are in the mid- to high teens.

Don't they plow the roads in Flagstaff? If not, doesn't it usually warm up soon after a snowfall, thus melting the snow on the roads?

If you really want snow tires, that's your business, but for the few hours your would actually need them, do you really want to spend the money? Take care.

·
Super Moderator
20,436 Posts
Yes, I have pictures that clearly show the tread, wheels and covers. Is there a way to post them on this forum or to send them to you?
I found them in your other thread. Thanks. Thinking about it... Apparently it will never rain or snow again here so they may be of no use. :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts