SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well from last year, i have to leave my car in the cold for 6 hours before I can start it.

Last year it was only 2 hours so i didnt notice this till now.

However, the car starts GREAT in -26, -30. I always let her warm up for about 5 mins, depending on how fast i can clear the snow around the car witht he snow brush.

however latley i noticed a few things, One, the clutch pedal is stiff as hell proably cause the fluid is too cold? but other car owners in my work were not complaing of this. Now the Gear box oil is fine, cause its never really that stiff as my old old car was in the cold weather. It also somewhat slow on the realese. However.. the clutch pedal is perfect when the car is warm, and when its parked in the garage. Could this be exess of water in the brake fluid freezing over?

Also do any of you experience Brake sqeualling in very cold weather ? but then the sqeualling goes away when the car is warmer ?

·
Registered
248 Posts
The only winter complaint I have is that the second it snows, every retard with a crappy poorly maintained old piece of junk with bald tires decides to get out on the road and go for a drive in the fast lane doing 20 under the limit!

I love heated leather.

·
Registered
803 Posts
duck_man said:
The only winter complaint I have is that the second it snows, every retard with a crappy poorly maintained old piece of junk with bald tires decides to get out on the road and go for a drive in the fast lane doing 20 under the limit!

I love heated leather.
Hey, they only reason I do that is because the tire chain company I work for refuses to give me a decent price on tires, and I'm not about to run racing slicks in the snow and ice.
And to be fair, I stay on the back roads.
And I'll go to Sears or Town Fair Tire when I can afford it.

·
Registered
248 Posts
AlbertaDrew:

Traded the '05 92x Aero for an 08 9-3 2.0t Anniversary Combi. I miss the AWD but I really, really don't miss the Subaru turbo lag and interior! When the lease is up, it might be a keeper, unless I can get my hands on/afford to buy an X, which is very doubtful!

·
Registered
811 Posts
DUCKMAN

Ive got an 06 2.0T BSR Stage One...but keeping my eyes open for an older c900, perferably a SPG or AERO....had a look at a few 9000s as a winter car, but am weary about reliability and replacement parts....Let me know if you know anyone with a nice older SAAB for sale as a winter car/project car.

Drew

·
Registered
267 Posts
We had the first significant snowfall yesterday snf my 9-3 ss anniversary handled really well in it. Much better than I thought it would with the 17" tires. But not as good as my 9-2x. I still don't miss it.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I love how the folks from Alberta have the -25 to -30 complaints.. That's Insane!! I live 10 mins north of Toronto & everyone here seems to freak out if we get 5cm and it's -1 celcius. Despite living in the Great White North, the past few winters here we've forgotten what the white stuff feels like on the roads. Nobody needed winter tires last year with the exception of a couple snowfalls in February. This year it has started early to make up for Gore's rant on Global Warming & I love the way the Saab handles with a set of Michelin X-Ice on it.

Happy Snowy Driving.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts