SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused:Hi All,
I've now done-in 3 window control switches on my 93 aero, its the one without the loom attached to it, p/n 5241203.
Change for new both mirror motors, and still it will not operate either mirror on the right hand toggle, ok up down and left but not right.
On inspecting the switches after each failure the same burn on the printed socket appears, at the rubber button contact point for the right movement.
Has anyone had this happen to them before or know any reason why this might be happening, is there a relay that controls this function that might be.
Don't really want to give this to an Auto Electrician to trace, as that is tantamount to suicide of the bank account here in South East England.:cheesy:

Please Please HELP!!!! Regards All Sid..

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Yes! as to the relay, the ignition switch relay, ref. Haynes 12-24.
Good luck:cheesy:

·
Registered
33 Posts
funny enough im having the same issue with my up control on both wing mirrors on my 96 900. havent found out whats is causing it yet but i too have replaced both motors and still no joy,

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
:confused:Hi All,
I've now done-in 3 window control switches on my 93 aero, its the one without the loom attached to it, p/n 5241203.
Change for new both mirror motors, and still it will not operate either mirror on the right hand toggle, ok up down and left but not right.
On inspecting the switches after each failure the same burn on the printed socket appears, at the rubber button contact point for the right movement.
Has anyone had this happen to them before or know any reason why this might be happening, is there a relay that controls this function that might be.
Don't really want to give this to an Auto Electrician to trace, as that is tantamount to suicide of the bank account here in South East England.:cheesy:

Please Please HELP!!!! Regards All Sid..
" burn on the printed socket appears"
Just guessing, but does that suggest a short circuit, perhaps in the wiring?? Test for electrical resistance tween that burn location and ground?? If there were a short in the wiring, wouldn't it blow a fuse??

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
To John Bernard, Thats what I think, if I have a short to earth then a fuse you would think should blow, but No that not happening. Just burns a hole on the printed circuit in the switch, very puzzling. Might have to go to a sparks after all. And I wanted to say Circuit not socket

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
KENNY. Have you look at your Master mirror switch's inner workings yet, have you a burn on your's too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts