SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My headlight wipers were not working so I took the blades off. In doing this I had to remove the washer fluid piping to them, so that line is "capped off".

Now, my problem is that my passenger side wiper nozzle does not spray. I thought maybe the anti-siphon valves in the t's and y's might be the problem so I purchased new ones. After replacing them, the passenger side worked--momentarily. But again, there is nothing coming from the passenger side spray nozzle.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
10,382 Posts
The nozzle itself could be plugged up. Try sticking a pin or needle in each of the nozzle holes and see if it gets freed up.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I fixed it. I read another thread where the guy just took the check valve off on the passenger side, so that is what I did; connected the hose from the drivers side directly to the nozzle, and wha-la, it works!

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
The three check valves in the washer system are its Achilles Heel. New ones are inexpensive as are the originals..eEuroParts sells them, probably others do as well.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
earthworm said:
The three check valves in the washer system are its Achilles Heel. New ones are inexpensive as are the originals..eEuroParts sells them, probably others do as well.
Thanks!

Even one of the new ones I bought stopped working after the first squirt. I'm afraid to buy another one. I'll just see how it goes without the final "L" shaped check valve at the passenger nozzle. So far it doesn't seem like it even needs to be there. Maybe I'll find out differently when I go out and see that the washer fluid line has drained back into the reservoir.

It's almost convertible weather here in good ol Omaha, Nebraska! I'm getting stoked about driving mine because I've put a lot of love into her over the winter months (steering brace, ARB, 6pt, rear pads and rotors, coolant system renewal, and fixed an oil leal in the valve cover and detailed the engine bay) and was discouraged that the passenger nozzle still wasn't working. Nothing like a beautiful car with a black eye ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts