SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to Autozone to pick up new wiper blades Monday. I went with Rain X because the manager said any of the 22" will work and they were in the median price range, I got home to put them on and they never snapped. I read the instructions on the packaging and it said it will either snap or fit "snuggly." While I was driving this evening (2 days after) my wipers basically fell off in a down pour. Did I do something wrong? I searched the archives and somebody else had the exact same problem as I did with these blades, so I don't believe so. I'm going to go back to the store tomorrow and have them either help me, or let me return them and get ones that actually fit, it's a bit.

Has anyone else had a problem with their wiper blades not fitting properly? If not, what blades are you guys/gals currently using?

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Yeah RainX wipers don't fit our cars. I think we're in the 2% of cars that the adapters don't fit ha. At least I've never gotten them to fit. Maybe I'm an idiot ha. But I use Bosch Icons anyways. Always awesome.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha yea I saw the "fits 98% of vehicles," naturally not Saab.

I think I'm going to go with the Bosch, I'm assuming they're simple to fit on? They just slide in and snap in place?

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Yeah just like you I didn't notice the 98% until I was trying to fit them ha. Yeah the Bosch are well worth the money and simply slide on and the cover snaps closed. I like them because it really is a cover that goes over the connection. Makes the wiper look sleeker. Also stays in place and is easy to see if it's lose.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Strange, I have the Rain X Latitudes on my Arc, no fitment issues (and they've been used for many months now, including rainy summer months).

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry to revive a dead thread, but I figured I'd update it. The rainx wipers do fit, I was just an idiot and didn't think to take out the extra clip they supply in the package. The clip that comes on the blade originally doesn't fit our J Hooks, but the extra clip that comes along fits perfectly.
The Rainx blades work excellent, very happy with them.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Sorry to revive a dead thread, but I figured I'd update it. The rainx wipers do fit, I was just an idiot and didn't think to take out the extra clip they supply in the package. The clip that comes on the blade originally doesn't fit our J Hooks, but the extra clip that comes along fits perfectly.
The Rainx blades work excellent, very happy with them.
Weird. Maybe it was just the ones I bought. I tried every clip in the package and none fit the hooks. Tried for awhile until I felt like an idiot.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I never got the rain-x wipers to fit right. I have been using them without a snug fit, but they never came off.
I did pick up some Bosch Icons. Looking forward to putting those on.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Boschs have been perfect for me, had mine for 2.5 years (1 year on my audi, 1.5 on my saab), i definately recomend them :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts