SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Windshield washer fluid level is low. Need to add fluid. Anyone has suggestion what fluid is good. Is normal home window cleaner ok? Thanks.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I guess technically you could add Windex to your washer fluid reservoir, but I wouldn't do that. Any of that standard blue washer stuff you get at a gas station or auto parts store is good, it's only a dollar or two. If you really want to spend some money, then you can buy some washer fluid from the dealer.

·
Registered
134 Posts
madmax252 said:
If you really want to spend some money, then you can buy some washer fluid from the dealer.
Boy, the factory washer fluid really stinks!!!:eek:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Stinks as in smells bad, or stinks as in, doesn't clean? I actually thought the factory fill cleaned better than the cheap blue stuff! But neither can compare to using rain-x. That stuff rocks.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Has anyone used Rain-X that also has the cold weather package with headlight washers? I've used the Rain-X fluid in previous vehicles and LOVED the stuff, but I'm concerned with the quantity that will end up on my paint when the headlight washers activate (and any ill effects that the stuff will have on the paint).

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I use the Rain-X washer fluid with the heated washers. Works fine and I have not seen any ill effects on the paint. I do keep my car waxed.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Just get the stuff at the gas station, or autoparts store equivalent.

They usually sell it by the gallon. you would end up paying more if you use your windex solution.

Paul

·
Registered
489 Posts
I have no idea if this is correct or not, so I'm just passing on what I was told.

The stuff from the dealer should be used if you have a 'vert in order to make sure the top does not get damaged due to the chemicals in the typical bluestuff from WalMart, etc.

Could be true, anyone else hear this?

Jaime

1 - 10 of 10 Posts