SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The worthless owner's manual refuses to tell me how much the windshield washer reservoir will hold...does anyone know? I just put an entire gallon in there, and it sounded like it might be able to take more, but I didn't want to open a new one just to use 1/2 an ounce. Why is it so hard to have a "Capacities" page anymore????? :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

·
Registered
219 Posts
I though I read in the manual for the 2003 that it holds 6 litres (about 1.5 gallons)

edit - I just found it - page 186 of the 2003 owner's manual; it hold 5.5 quarts.

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
Lets put it this way, when my warming light starts to occasionaly flicker (on a Turn/Hill) , it will take a full gallon and be topped off. I've not let it run out to test the capacity.

·
Registered
24 Posts
sm0kescreen said:
The worthless owner's manual refuses to tell me how much the windshield washer reservoir will hold...does anyone know? I just put an entire gallon in there, and it sounded like it might be able to take more, but I didn't want to open a new one just to use 1/2 an ounce. Why is it so hard to have a "Capacities" page anymore????? :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

a good question is why do we need 10 water streams. i mean i run out of washer going two hours in a highway because i play with it soo much.. if i see a nice clean car tailgating me. better watch out cause i'm over spraying till he uses his own wipers.. sooo funny.. childish but funny

·
Registered
485 Posts
aerojon said:
page 218 in my manual 5.8 litres:D
holy.....sh*t.........why on earth do we need 6 litres water for window wipers.......too much space lost and too much added weight.
i was filling up one day and thought that about 1litre was ok......the tank i was holding was 2.5litres.........i was going crazy and looked beneath the car because i thought i had a hole on the water reservoir......:cheesy:

lahiiem said:
a good question is why do we need 10 water streams. i mean i run out of washer going two hours in a highway because i play with it soo much.. if i see a nice clean car tailgating me. better watch out cause i'm over spraying till he uses his own wipers.. sooo funny.. childish but funny

loooool....nice trick:cheesy:...i am gonna do it next time

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Was perusing the old press releases and it said 1.3 gallons--quite a bit:eek:

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
JonV said:
Lets put it this way, when my warming light starts to occasionaly flicker (on a Turn/Hill) , it will take a full gallon and be topped off. I've not let it run out to test the capacity.
Exactly, when it says fill it up a big gallon container goes straight in.
And to answer someone elses why so much well 10 high pressure streams and crappy slushy skandi winters will get through that pretty quickly.
Though you can get leaks in the system, the leak in ours was spotted when a blue staligmite formed underneath the car overnight on a snowy winters day.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
lahiiem said:
Frig! That was you ???

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
The washers are one of my favorite features of the 9-3SS - they actually do something compared to the dribble from most cars.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
sbl said:
The washers are one of my favorite features of the 9-3SS - they actually do something compared to the dribble from most cars.
Exactly, they are powerful jets x3, and most people make a comment when they see them in action, not to mention the headlight blast that comes out. Hence, why we need so much of the fluid and it goes through quickly. A small price to pay when you consider the effect and cost compared to fuel anyway.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
:eek: geez... It cost $1 to buy washer fluid. Buy one, fill up your car. If it isn't enough, buy another. Give an old lady the extra, or throw it in the trunk... :D

·
Registered
402 Posts
This afternoon,I syphoned all washer fluid out and then hit washer switch to get rid of any left in tank.Refilled tank to top...just a bit less than 6 Litres or 1.5 US Gals. As I filled tank,I also watched to see when SID indicated low level and as near as I could tell,warning is at slightly less than 2 Litres or .5 US Gal.

Note that this is for 2007,but capacity seems to be same as for 2003. I would have thought SC,with rear washer,might have had more capacity. However,6 L is still a lot!!!:)

·
Registered
473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lahiiem

LOL IVE DONE THAT MANY TIMES i love it cause they get this look on their face like WTF!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts