SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sooo, the other day I was driving home with one of my friends on the highway when I hear a really loud WOOOOSH and it just suddenly stopped. That happened a few times and then something flew past the passenger window. "Dude, something just fell off your car"... Great! So, do you really need that piece of trim on the exterior right side of the windsheild? (hint: it's not there anymore) It looks like a seal, but the windshield also looks sealed by itself, is it just trim or does it serve some purpose?

·
Premium Member
11,181 Posts
Shivx said:
Sooo, the other day I was driving home with one of my friends on the highway when I hear a really loud WOOOOSH and it just suddenly stopped. That happened a few times and then something flew past the passenger window. "Dude, something just fell off your car"... Great! So, do you really need that piece of trim on the exterior right side of the windsheild? (hint: it's not there anymore) It looks like a seal, but the windshield also looks sealed by itself, is it just trim or does it serve some purpose?
The EPC calls it a decor strip for NG900's. You don't say what year you have so I checked NG's. Saab Part no. is 4330031. About $45.00 new at SaabSite and $55.00 at GenuineSaab. This is the kind of part you can get from a wrecker pretty easily, for pretty cheap. Get one and put it on. Nothing is worse than seeing nice car like a Saab with stuff like this missing. Well, almost nothing . . . war, violent crime, death and taxes are worse, but that is about all. I doubt that it will hurt not to have it, except for additional wind and road noise, but it looks pretty bad to have it gone.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts