SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I blew the fuse on the washer in the recent bad weather under desperation on the motorway to clear windscreen. After replacing the fuse, the pump works but its not as powerful as before, but does the job.

Yesterday morning, I wanted to clear some pollen from the trees before setting off and the jets aren't working whatsoever. I've checked the fuse and its fine. There's water/solution in the tank, and the wipers are still working when trying the jets.

Any ideas guys? Seems a little strange that they'd be working OK then be completely dead the next morning. I can't hear the pump trying to work either.

Help would be appreciated. I've just had to replace both front springs as one broke on the day of my MOT, so I'd like to avoid any unnecessary bills if possible!

·
Registered
675 Posts
Sounds like your pump may have burned out. Here is how you can get to it if you want to check it out.
1) Raise the front of the car and support it on axle stands. Remove the left-hand front roadwheel.
2) Undo the screws and remove the left-hand front wheel arch liner.
3) Pull the pump from the reservoir. Be prepared for fluid spillage.
4) Discnnect the washer hose and wiring plug from the pump. :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I thought it would be. Just seemed strange to die without any struggle first.

I've bought a new original on eBay and found someone's screenshot from service manual software showing the bending back of the wheel arch having jacked and removed the wheel.

Glad it looks a little easier than the Haynes manual makes out - it suggests the wing needs to be removed!

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
675 Posts
That's what I thought it would be. Just seemed strange to die without any struggle first.

I've bought a new original on eBay and found someone's screenshot from service manual software showing the bending back of the wheel arch having jacked and removed the wheel.

Glad it looks a little easier than the Haynes manual makes out - it suggests the wing needs to be removed!

Thanks for the info.
The info i have given you is from my Haynes book, to remove the actual reservoir then according to my Haynes book you have to remove the front bumper to get at it. :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts