SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1995 NG900 2.3L
818 Posts
A belated thumbs up, ragtopcav, for an excellent write-up and I went off my memory of this thread to take out my washer pump today using just the minimal effort (no bumper or complete splash and wheel arch liner removal) you illustrated. This thread should be stickied if not already so. ;ol;

I tested the pump and found out it "works" when I put 12V across the terminals but it does not pump. The motor spins and bubbles where the intake meets the water in the "test bowl" but it will not squirt water. Perhaps the pump needs to be primed first to make it work or that both hoses need to be reconnected for it to cycle properly? I was expecting water to shoot out of one or both output "nipples" but no dice. I read where someone else also had the same issue and it seems counter-intuitive. Motor runs but does not pump; what could be the issue?

·
Registered
1995 NG900 2.3L
818 Posts
I'm trying to find a replacement washer pump but on some sites (to include Rock Auto and eEuro) their pump doesn't look the same and doesn't include (or fails to show) two output spigots for the two hoses that connect there. What is the nature of the Saab washer system that it includes two hoses?
:confused: :confused:

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: The answer to my own question is the two output hoses denote that the car has a rear washer and wiper. I was not quite aware of the distinction. Furthermore fitment guides on the various sites do not differentiate between the different pumps between body styles; they say it will fit, for instance, a 1995 SAAB 900 but rarely offer any information as to whether it is for a convertible or a sedan/coupe which have entirely different pumps (again, one has a rear wiper/washer, the other does not). Suffice to say you must order a pump that resembles the one you have and to make certain that you are able to see the appearance of the replacement prior to purchase.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.