SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE FIGURED OUT HOW TO STOP THE WINDOW FROM SCRATCHING THE TINTS. i HAVE TINTS ON THE CAR AND THEY ARE VERY BAD FROM ALL THE STREAKS AND I WANT TO REPLACE THEM WITH NEW ONES, BUT I WANT TO MAKE SURE THEY DO NOT SCRATCH AGAIN. tHANKS

·
Registered
609 Posts
Didn't a few people have felt put on the aluminum strips inside the door? There is a previous post that explains this.

I am planning on getting mine tinted in the next weeks and plan on taking this information in with me.

·
Registered
249 Posts
black_linear said:
Didn't a few people have felt put on the aluminum strips inside the door? There is a previous post that explains this.

I am planning on getting mine tinted in the next weeks and plan on taking this information in with me.
good stuff to know....I do not wanna pay 229 or so and wind up having the windows redone.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
i got mine tinted several months ago. before i dropped the car off for the tint, i prepared the doors by pulling the door handle trim and loosened the bolts (if anyone was going to put scratches on the door trim, i wanted it to be me). anyway, he put felt on the "dew blade" or whatever it's called. i must have opened my windows at least 50 times since then, and haven't noticed a single scratch yet. i have noticed some lines, but it must be some kind of grease since they come off.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
DaVector03 said:
i WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE FIGURED OUT HOW TO STOP THE WINDOW FROM SCRATCHING THE TINTS. i HAVE TINTS ON THE CAR AND THEY ARE VERY BAD FROM ALL THE STREAKS AND I WANT TO REPLACE THEM WITH NEW ONES, BUT I WANT TO MAKE SURE THEY DO NOT SCRATCH AGAIN. tHANKS
Search, my friend, and you shall find what you seek. Also see my sig.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts