SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well its winter time again, and my windows keep fogging up. what can i do or use to help prevent this? my car is a 97 900s saab, and yes the both the defrosters works fine. its just they keep fogging up like crazy even when its just me in the car.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Any anti-freeze odor?

Monitor your coolant level - this must NEVER drop...

How is your heat intensity ?
And does the AC function - this makes a good dehumidifier along with the heat.
Nearly forgot; has the cabin filter ever been changed and the composted gathered up ?
And, lastly, have the drains ever been cleaned ?
This is all normal service work..

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no anti-freez odor, the level is all good i changed it this summer and check it when ever i put in gas. as for i check under the hood all the time.
the ac works great, but did u hear me say its winter i dont want cold i want heat. lol
the cabin filter has not been changed sience i had the car. how do i change it and were can i get a filter for it?
what drains are you talking about?

earthworm said:
Any anti-freeze odor?

Monitor your coolant level - this must NEVER drop...

How is your heat intensity ?
And does the AC function - this makes a good dehumidifier along with the heat.
Nearly forgot; has the cabin filter ever been changed and the composted gathered up ?
And, lastly, have the drains ever been cleaned ?
This is all normal service work..

·
Registered
917 Posts
Any leaks anywhere (especially the trunk which is most common)? Any type of moisture in your car will evaporate and condense on the windows causing fog. I leave my doors/trunk open overnight periodically and applied Fog-X to the inside of all the glass, and it seems to have eliminated the fog.

·
Registered
466 Posts
GO-SAAB-GO said:
the ac works great, but did u hear me say its winter i dont want cold i want heat. lol
You can use the AC for warm air too, and the AC will remove any moisture from the air before moving it into the cabin. In some (most?) cars when you turn on the defroster the AC will automatically be turned on because warm dry air will defog the windows better than warm moist air (which would potentially fog them more).

·
Registered
417 Posts
GO-SAAB-GO said:
well its winter time again, and my windows keep fogging up. what can i do or use to help prevent this? my car is a 97 900s saab, and yes the both the defrosters works fine. its just they keep fogging up like crazy even when its just me in the car.
Turn off cabin air circulation button. Allow outside air to be mixed with cabin air.

·
Registered
10,382 Posts
SIGP2101 said:
Turn off cabin air circulation button. Allow outside air to be mixed with cabin air.
A friend of mine used to drive his car in recirculate mode all the time and wondered why it always fogged up. :roll: When mine fogs up, I usually put the sunroof in the vent position (back end tilted up). That seems to let the moist air out and doesn't let rain or too much cold air in. Sometimes I'll use the A/C.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
SIGP2101 said:
Good catch, SigP
I forgot about that one.
I think Saab and all the others should hide that control...

I just can't get over how good this forum is....:cheesy:
The quality of Saab owners...

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Yeah to properly use the defog function:
  1. Open the recirc vent, let outside air in, don't recirc inside air.
  2. Turn on A/C. this will dehumidify and dry the air.
  3. turn the heat up
If you're still having problems you have to ensure that your a/c system is working properly, if it isn't then the windows will fog up more rapidly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts