SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone who has got their windows tinted can you post pics and what % you got. Im thinking about geting it done next week, but dont know if I should get the windshield tinted, just the top part tinted, or nothing at all.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I am also contemplating a tint on my Viggen. The best tint I've seen so far is a passat that one of my coworkers drives. I think it's probably 45%. I'd surely not go any darker than 40%.

Rogo

·
Registered
917 Posts
40%? That's barely anything! :) I would personally go with 20%. Strongly recommend you stay away from windshield tinting...not only is it very illegal, but it makes nighttime visibility terrible.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
40% is nothing, I have 30 and it still allows very good visability on the inside. The place I went did a high quality 3 layer tint that actually looks darker on the outside than it does on the inside.
I also have a window strip that is about 10%. I love tint, wouldn't own a car without it.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
It looks good, but in the daytime I feel like that lets too much light in. Mine is only 5% lower than that though so I feel the same way about my windows. But they look good, are legall, and keep it very dark at night; I can't really complain.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
35% is the legal level. Personally I think it looks stupid and ricerish ;)

45% should be your maximum tint level. I'm god, listen to me. :)

Rogo

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Laws are different in every state actually; so you need to check with your local tint shops on what is legal in your area. Some shops will put on whatever you want; but you are the one running the risk if it is too dark; as the cops will require you to remove it (not them...).

A good shop will only tint to the legal limit, and will often include a small sticker on one window to inform the police the tint is legal in case of a stop.

I see from your info that you (the OP) are from Georgia, so a quick search on Georgia window tint law shows that your State's law is no window can be tinted darker than 32%, and no larger than a 6 inch strip on the front windshield.

Good luck ;)

·
Registered
144 Posts
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=93521529&albumID=1222124&imageID=11017547
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=93521529&albumID=1222124&imageID=11017547

I HAVE A 97 SAAB 900S AND I GOT 20% ALL AROUND I DIDNT DO ANYTHING TO THE WINDSHILD AND DONT THINK I WOULD. i know were i live the law states that the front windows are to be 50% or lighter and the back 35% or less so yea you should check your laws first. "i know that mine are not legal so im taking that risk"

Warumono said:
Anyone who has got their windows tinted can you post pics and what % you got. Im thinking about geting it done next week, but dont know if I should get the windshield tinted, just the top part tinted, or nothing at all.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Rogozhin said:
35% is the legal level. Personally I think it looks stupid and ricerish ;)

45% should be your maximum tint level. I'm god, listen to me. :)

Rogo
I must disagree 100%, I do not think any tint looks ricerish, mafiaish maybe, but not ricerish.

Plus I like the fact that my car looks like its owned by the mob, so I'll stick with waht I got, and 30% is legal where I live.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
i had mine done at 20%

and this was my 9000 with 30%

·
Registered
713 Posts
screamingreen97 said:
i had mine done at 20%

and this was my 9000 with 30%

damn i like your ng.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
not sure what the percentage is because they were done when i bought the car. but here in nys i have been told they were illegal, when i was pulled over once. i didn't get a ticket though, cops around here don't really seem to care about it, or else the first one was wrong when he said they were too dark. either way i'm not taking them off unless i get ticketed.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Damns twitchy, thats alot. You have the smae exact car as me, so it's like looking at my own car with 5% on it. I like it but it is a bit much.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Twitchie, how is driving at night with that tint? I know a few people with 15% and it's hard enough seeing outside of their cars when it's dark.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts