SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning the power window on the passenger side decides not to work anymore. It was lifting it up, it goes 1/3 of the way and stalls. I hit the down button and it expressed down and stays. The passenger door lock still works however.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Pull the door card and renew the green plastic rollers.
I'll bet one is broken....
One of mine was.....
Still it goes UP but not DOWN.
Also, I'll bet that you and I both need new window regulators....
We will see.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually, my window doesn't even go back up. I wish it was as simple as the green pieces. It is probably the regulator, huh?

·
Registered
324 Posts
i had the same issue with my passenger window going almost all the way up then stalling.
my fix was so simple tho. i sprayed silicone spray in the window runner and it works perfect ever since. $2.00 fix. i love it.
goodluck wit ur window. never force a power window, thats how u burn the motor or break the rollers.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Down but not up is also common with dirty window switches. Take the window switch assembly out of the center console and get some electric contact cleaner in there. Work the switch up and down a bunch of times and then let it sit for a few hours. Try again and voila, window works.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is there a way for me to determine which approach to take? My passenger window is all the way down and does not go back up when pressing the power switch. (The passenger door lock does work.) Do I focus on the switch in the console, or do I open the door card and pursue the green rollers?

·
Registered
324 Posts
when you press the buttton do u hear the motor trying to work? if so then rollers.
if not then you have to figure out what is going on.
either way u have to open the door panel
once its open u can take a multimeter and test for voltage when u press the button, if it gets voltage u need a new motor.
if it dont get voltage then u need to figure out whether switch or wiring or something.
good luck
i need to figure out wtf is wrong with my stuck seat (manual seat)

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Ken Camo. Man, I tell ya; this weekend brought new Saab issues. I'm still trying to tackle the oil sludge/drop pan job with lost income and dwindling bank account, now the power steering rack is leaking, high beam light went out and now this passenger door issue!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
when you press the buttton do u hear the motor trying to work? if so then rollers.
if not then you have to figure out what is going on.
either way u have to open the door panel
once its open u can take a multimeter and test for voltage when u press the button, if it gets voltage u need a new motor.
if it dont get voltage then u need to figure out whether switch or wiring or something.
good luck
i need to figure out wtf is wrong with my stuck seat (manual seat)
I pressed the button to see if I could hear the motor, and the window comes up. Now it works again! I'll start with the electric contact cleaning.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I would still pull the door card and take a look. If it just fixed itself then I would be worried; these cars never do that. They just wait until it's most inconvenient and then they pop back up, full force.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I pressed the button to see if I could hear the motor, and the window comes up. Now it works again! I'll start with the electric contact cleaning.
It's almost certainly the switch. Don't worry about pulling the door card unless something else comes up. Intermittent operation is very very likely the contact.

I just went through this with my drivers side window and it was the switch. Cleaning the switches takes about 60 seconds. Pulling and replacing the door card takes at least 20 minutes. Up to you.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's almost certainly the switch. Don't worry about pulling the door card unless something else comes up. Intermittent operation is very very likely the contact.

I just went through this with my drivers side window and it was the switch. Cleaning the switches takes about 60 seconds. Pulling and replacing the door card takes at least 20 minutes. Up to you.
I'm with you. I've got much more priority jobs to do than worrying about this window. It can stay up as far as I'm concerned!

Thanks Sekine, and others!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts