SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so this is how nasty my back window looks. It is pretty embarassing to drive around with it like this and want to get it fixed fairly soon. The front window is also starting to crack but the back one is Priority one right now.

Anyone have any ideas if this is a DYI fix or do I have to take it somewhere like the Dealer or a Window Repair shop?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I removed the old stuff completely and replaced it with some window stripping i found at advance auto parts.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
I just got black silcone sealant from work and used that, however I was rushed by a thunder storm and it came out like crap. I redid the one side and it looks better, I just havent gotten around to fixing the top and driver side. But at least the water doesnt leak through anymore,

I would check around at a window repair place or something of that nature. I was qouted 50$ to replace the striping.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just got black silcone sealant from work and used that, however I was rushed by a thunder storm and it came out like crap. I redid the one side and it looks better, I just havent gotten around to fixing the top and driver side. But at least the water doesnt leak through anymore,

I would check around at a window repair place or something of that nature. I was qouted 50$ to replace the striping.
$50 wouldnt be too bad for a good fix. Is that a window repair placed that quoted you that price?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Remove the stripping, peel all the rubber off of the metal and plastidip them all. Then use a little silicone around the corners

1 - 6 of 6 Posts