SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rear passenger side window on my 9-3 has developed a tendency to slowly creep down. It's so slight it never drops completely below the window molding, but enough that I discovered it one day while washing the car and I saw a large amount of water running down the inside of the window.

I'm able to slide it back up by hand and it holds for a while, but it will slowly drop again. I'm not sure what the Saab's window regulator mechanism is like since I've never even had the door panel off before. What should I look for here?

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Door panel removal is nearly intuitive, its so easy; much easier than the Saab 96 with its 300 clips and hidden screws and window winder pins,etc..

Here we just have hidden screws.

Assure that the window switch is not "leaking", causing the window to operate electrically just a very little bit.. This may be possible. These window switches can be stuck OFF and not operate; but they could be stuck slightly ON....wierd... yes..:cheesy:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a good theory, I never would have thought of that one. However, I think I can rule it out because I flipped the master switch that disables the rear window motors and still had the problem. If I have time this weekend I'll pull the panel off and see what's going on in there.

Still not as bad as my '86 Jetta. I love that car but I must have replaced the manual window regulators at least 3 or 4 times.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Master switch only disables the switches in back doors. The ones in centre console are still functional. Did you happen to spill some liquid onto the window swithes board? ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts