SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
04 9-3 Aero, 08 9-3 Aero, 09 2.0T XWD
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

I have anti pinch equipped in my 08 but the driver's door never rolls up automatically, only down. When I do anything with the Tech2, I get a reminder that the Driver's door hasn't been reset but no amount of calibration or fiddling with it gets it going.

I have a spare driver's side anti pinch motor so I decided to see if I could swap the motor but it doesn't mount in the same way. I can't find a part number on the existing motor and I have only ever found the motor on my driver's door on ebay and the listing does not have a part number so I am thinking, perhaps the previous owner replaced the regulator and motor for whatever reason, and used a regulator and motor with out anti-pinch?

I am looking to replace it with this ultimately and perhaps use my spare motor:

Here's a photo of the motor in that is currently in the door.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
It sounds like you’ve done this but for others who want to check if theirs is so equipped and may not have their owner’s manual... Key on, open window fully and hold down switch until it beeps and quickly pull up on switch to close it completely, holding button up until it beeps.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, plus I have had 4 of these 9-3's and experience helping people with theirs yet I'm stuck on this driver's door.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Have you tried cleaning and lubricating the rubber track? Had trouble with my driver door and could see the rubber folding over as the window was raised. It also raised much slower than the passenger window. Cleaning and lubricating the track solved that problem. Auto up and down now works great.

There is a lot of recommendations to use dry teflon but that didn’t work for me. Silicone spay did.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I've inspected it. Everything functions, just not anti pinch. I can even comfort open and close. The driver's door is the only one that won't roll up. I can't find a part number on the motor itself and the eBay listing I found doesn't have a number for it either. It's like a smaller motor. My guess is the functionality is there because the switch pack is programmed with it but the regulator and motor are not anti-pinch. I can't tell if it's been replaced but it's looking likely.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts