SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 2006 9-3 driver side window is not rolling down for while, it is stuck closed, no action when push the button. Today I took off door panel, took off motor and tested motor with 12v power, the motor spins, reverse polarity, works too, so I put the motor back, hood the connectors to the door control module then pushed button, window rolled down, very slowly, but when I tried to roll it up, it ups a bit then stopped, push the button down, window went down, pull button up, window rolled up a bit, so I tried to lubricate the track and sliders, not much difference, visual inspected, I cannot find anything wrong with the regulator, so I removed the motor, pulling up and push down the window by hands, didn't feel much resistance, but certainly not smooth. So my question is, is it the window regulator or the motor went? I don't want to throw in part if it is not bad.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
So my 2006 9-3 driver side window is not rolling down for while, it is stuck closed, no action when push the button. Today I took off door panel, took off motor and tested motor with 12v power, the motor spins, reverse polarity, works too, so I put the motor back, hood the connectors to the door control module then pushed button, window rolled down, very slowly, but when I tried to roll it up, it ups a bit then stopped, push the button down, window went down, pull button up, window rolled up a bit, so I tried to lubricate the track and sliders, not much difference, visual inspected, I cannot find anything wrong with the regulator, so I removed the motor, pulling up and push down the window by hands, didn't feel much resistance, but certainly not smooth. So my question is, is it the window regulator or the motor went? I don't want to throw in part if it is not bad.
Mine did the same...it was one of the wiring connectors going into the switchpack. Moved it around and it works now but someday I'll need to fix it properly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts