SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Window keeps poping off regulator. I have replaced both rollers twice because the window keeps poping out destroying the plastic rollers. Not sure if this is a problem with the regulator or the window tracks ( the metal peices attached to the window its self). The first time I popped in new plastic rollers it seemed kinda difficult to pop in, now seems effortless. I've thought about rednecking th window metal. And regulator. Just carve me a oval in the metal, cut the balls off the regulator and drill some holes, 3d printing a new roller to ride in the track I cut, put a bearing in the middle and put a bolt through the regulator and custom roller. Can anyone confirm if I need to replace the regulator, the roller guides, or both... if the roller guides even come off the window that is.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I haven't come up against that problem so can't envisage your proposed mod, but I have read several accounts on here and elsewhere that non-OEM green rollers are a false economy. Is the regulator detaching from the door skin? I've hear it works loose and people drill the rivets and replace with bolts.

Doug

·
Registered
8,828 Posts
When you pressed balls to rollers, did you heard click TWICE?
If only once, ball will pop off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts