SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. New to the 9-5 forums. Quick question, the window came off tract on the drivers side on my "wife's" 9-5. How do I fix this? Will this be as simple as taking off the door panel or is there extensive work to fix this? The motor seems to be running cause it tried to catch the window, but I am about up to my eyeballs on fixing this car :)

History of fixing: Turbo, abs control module, cps sensor, wheel sensor, venting system...and now the window. Who knows what else will fall off soon :)

Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Chances are you have a broken window roller. Very common! You will have to take off the door panel to access the window rollers. There are 2 plastic rollers that are on the end of the scissor mechanism that are known to break.
They are held on by a clip that you will have to remove. This is a cheap and easy DIY. The rollers cost anywhere from $3 to $8 each depending on where you get them.

Here's a link for the part:
http://www.eeuroparts.com/productdetail.aspx?searchResults=1&code=9484

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
There's a link in the "stickies and minor maintenance" section on how to replace the window rollers. Its a common failure on older cars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts