SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can someone please tell me exactly what parts I need to get to get my driver's (RHS) window working again on my 91 Aero.

is it just the regulator, or is a full motor required?

Thanks....

·
Banned
7,270 Posts
you can find out by dismantling the assembly and testing the various parts.

Often the regulator gets dirty. If you take the regulator out and try and operate it. (be careful, mind your fingers) You will probably find it is quite stiff. Drench it in WD40 and move the mechanism as you do so. You should see dirt dripping out of it. Keep moving the mechanism and spraying the WD40 until you notice an improvment in the operation.

There is a good write-up on TwinSaabs:
http://www.twinsaabs.com/window/step1.html

·
Registered
254 Posts
Electric window does not close completely. 4 inch gap

The electic window on 1985 900 only closes part way. When it gets to the top of its stroke it bump-bump-bumps and goes no further. To close it I must press my hands on both sides of the window (of course when stopped) and push it up to the window frame. It stays up due to the friction of the tracks and weatherstripping.My hypothesis is that it was disassembled by someone in the past (little chunks of broken window glass here and there occasionally rise up through the carpeting like filed stones after a spring thaw!)..and not assembled correctly. I think the 'timing' of the gears was never restored correctly.
Has anyone ever had this problem? and yes, I plan on viewing the twinsaabs article. As Fall in the NorthEast USA rapidly approaches,this has moved higher on my priority list.
Also. does anyone know where I can purchase Tripod Grease?
I have the CV grease (included with the boot) but none in the Tripod boot kit.
Where is Ralph Nader when you need him!

·
4,637 Posts
That's worn teeth on the quadrant. There is a repair kit available from Parts for Saabs and probably elsewhere.

Alex, there's also the possibility of the motor itself seizing up. I cleaned up the worm-gear case of one of these and brought it back to life in the past...

·
Registered
254 Posts
Possible Worn quadrant

Thanks. I have a LH door from a 1986 900 two door 900. It is a hand crank window. Would I find a compatible quandrant in there that would retrofit the electric window mechanism?Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts