SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Front Window cracked

Does anyone know how much would the front passenger side window cost?
I've got my window tinted yesterday, and sub woofer installed today. After I got the woofer done today, on the way home I opened my front windows, and couldn't using auto roll up. it gets worse, the passenger side front window wouldn't close, so I tried to roll it down all the way, and see if it will come back up, but it just kept rolling down and I heard a window cracking sound.....then I was able to roll it back up, and didn't see any crack on the window, I'm thinking that it's the bottom part of the window that cracked.
Would the window tint or the wiring for sub-woofer have cost this?
In this case, do you guys think I could go to the dealer and have it replaced under warranty?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
DT_saab said:
Does anyone know how much would the front passenger side window cost?
I've got my window tinted yesterday, and sub woofer installed today. After I got the woofer done today, on the way home I opened my front windows, and couldn't using auto roll up. it gets worse, the passenger side front window wouldn't close, so I tried to roll it down all the way, and see if it will come back up, but it just kept rolling down and I heard a window cracking sound.....then I was able to roll it back up, and didn't see any crack on the window, I'm thinking that it's the bottom part of the window that cracked.
Would the window tint or the wiring for sub-woofer have cost this?
In this case, do you guys think I could go to the dealer and have it replaced under warranty?
1. Your issue with not able to use one touch up.down is CALIBRATION. They probably cut power to the car, so that's why it is gone. Do this: Key in ON position, but don't start the car. Roll down and back up window TWO times. You will hear a "Beep" (like when you program the seat) - and it is done.
2. Cracking sound in the other window is your window regulator. It is common, take it to dealer they will replace it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
schernov vbmenu_register("postmenu_474263", true); Thank you for your info.
Do you think I should take out the window tints before I bring it in to the dealer?
Would they blame it on the tint and not have it repaired under warranty?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
DT_saab said:
schernov vbmenu_register("postmenu_474263", true); Thank you for your info.
Do you think I should take out the window tints before I bring it in to the dealer?
Would they blame it on the tint and not have it repaired under warranty?
No, if they give you ****, take it to another dealer. Tint shop did not disassemble the door, did they?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I had my passenger side door smashed by kid next door. His weed wacker kicked up a rock! OUCH!

Local dealer had the best deal - $199 installed - plus it was factory glass.

Two problems -

1. Had to take it back - the p/s door lock was jammed with bits of glass. Would not lock.

2. If you slam the p/s door you can still hear small amounts of glass at the bottom of the door.

*dealer said they spent 1 hour just cleaning out the pieces of glass

I guess it's was better than having a dent or chipped paint!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
schernov said:
No, if they give you ****, take it to another dealer. Tint shop did not disassemble the door, did they?
No, they didn't.....but you know how some dealer can be a pain in the butt...I'm just hoping that they would just fix it.
By the way, I went down and tried the down and back up thing, it works now, thank you very much, I fell so much better now. Man...I was so pissed and worried.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
DT_saab said:
No, they didn't.....but you know how some dealer can be a pain in the butt...I'm just hoping that they would just fix it.
By the way, I went down and tried the down and back up thing, it works now, thank you very much, I fell so much better now. Man...I was so pissed and worried.
That callibaration procedure is in the manual. Actually when my driver side window fell into the door (window regulator died) - dealer replaced it but did not calibrate it.... so I ended up showing it to them :):)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
schernov said:
That callibaration procedure is in the manual. Actually when my driver side window fell into the door (window regulator died) - dealer replaced it but did not calibrate it.... so I ended up showing it to them :):)
when you roll down your window, did one end fell down, so the window sort of went a bit side ways?? because that's what happend to mine, when roll down, the window sort of lean towards the front end, I had to use hands to pull it back up in order to close it.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
DT_saab said:
when you roll down your window, did one end fell down, so the window sort of went a bit side ways?? because that's what happend to mine, when roll down, the window sort of lean towards the front end, I had to use hands to pull it back up in order to close it.
Yep, exactly. I tried lifting it, but decided not to do anything to prevent it from being scratched.......

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
schernov said:
Yep, exactly. I tried lifting it, but decided not to do anything to prevent it from being scratched.......
I guess I can only hoping that the dealer would fix it under warranty now....
schernov vbmenu_register("postmenu_474317", true); thanks again, you were very helpful.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts