SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Afternoon,

Does anybody know where I could find some window beading for the front and rear screens for a 99?

A friend of mine has a 99 with 20k on the clock and the trim around the windows is going brown with age.

Any idea`s would be great

Thanks

Russ

·
Premium Member
11,587 Posts
I took a sample into my local independent windscreen place, and a week or so later went back and walked out with a roll of the stuff. Is the car a combi-coupe or a saloon? Saloons have different beading for the back window. CC's use the same front and back.

20k? Pictures man, pictures :lol:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers guys,

We have a couple of windscreen places around here so it might be worth going for a chat with them.

The car is a saloon and its a cracker.Its an L with EMS Wheels,fantastic condition we found old Woolco Shopping bags in the boot with recipts:) .
It is really funny you could drive a Ferrari and not get as many looks as you do in this old Saab.
I will get my mate to post some pictures up ASAP.

Russ

·
Registered
5 Posts
Russ,

Cheersfor the post - just catching up on some mail. If it ever stops raining I'll wheel the old girl out of the garage and take some photos to post.

Cheers,

Mark.

Oh - the Rockford files is on the telly - your missing out :lol:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Lock Strip

Do you mean the chrome lock strip? The 900 version is still available from SAAB part 9233263. It fits my front windshield on my 78. The rear seal still took th older smaller strip. So when I replaced the rear glass I swapped the rear seal on my combi for a 900 one.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Heers Jessp thats cool,I didn`t give it a thought to see if the 900 ones would fit.
Is it an easy fix?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Easy Fix?

You'll need a tool to feed in the strip. I think they come in different sizes. Or you can make one the right size with some heavy wire and little vice grips. Is that what you mean?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've been looking for a source on replacement lock strips for both the front and rear windows and I found these. It basically looks like a window seal with a built in locking strip. I'm not sure if this would actually work, though JC Whitney claims it would.

http://tx0.org/27l

·
Registered
69 Posts
Sorry about that. Just updated the link. So the locking strip is incorporated in the seal and would do away with any of the angled chrome pieces. If it really is universal and works then the only thing you lose is a bit of class around the glass. I wonder though... I'm still looking for chrome lock strips for the 5DR, so that means front, back and rear tear drop windows.

·
Premium Member
11,587 Posts
Hmm, the picture isn't all that helpful as it says may not represent actual part :lol:

If I had the spare time and money I'd get some lockstrip run off, I'm sureI could sell on a few kilometers of the stuff going by the number of people asking for it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts