SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to purchase a wind blocker for my 2004 9-3 convertible. Anyone know where the best place is to purchase this?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Frankly, I wouldn't buy a convertible without one. Of course, I don't live in Kingston where the summer humidity makes the air feel like Vichyssoise.
Apparently true car guys don't have brains, live in a different climate, or both.

Ebay has them on occasion at a reasonable price, and Parts for Saab, the lifesource of this forum also has 2 versions available.

http://www.partsforsaabs.com/product_info.php?cPath=29_133&products_id=3227

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
This really is a must buy accesory...extends the season of top down driving to almost all year, and on highway trips makes talking at speed much easier. Mockers usualy have never driven a Saab with one, so they are not aware of what it can do....:D

Sean

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
This really is a must buy accesory...extends the season of top down driving to almost all year, and on highway trips makes talking at speed much easier. Mockers usualy have never driven a Saab with one, so they are not aware of what it can do....:D

Sean

Well, unless its 10 degrees or something outside, you really wanna drive with the top up. :cheesy: What kills it for me is that you have to remove it and fold it whenever you raise the top. It would be awesome if you could leave it on like some other euro cars when you raise the top.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
What kills it for me is that you have to remove it and fold it whenever you raise the top. It would be awesome if you could leave it on like some other euro cars when you raise the top.
Umm, no you don't. You can leave it in and raise the roof over it. If you want you can then fold the vertical bit down by pushing it.

Mine stays in year round unless I need to carry passengers.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Umm, no you don't. You can leave it in and raise the roof over it. If you want you can then fold the vertical bit down by pushing it.

Mine stays in year round unless I need to carry passengers.
Did not know that. So it does not protude or interfere with the top?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Get it, you won't be sorry. Both Genuine SAAB and StateofNine have them.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Frankly, I wouldn't buy a convertible without one. Of course, I don't live in Kingston where the summer humidity makes the air feel like Vichyssoise.
Apparently true car guys don't have brains, live in a different climate, or both.

Ebay has them on occasion at a reasonable price, and Parts for Saab, the lifesource of this forum also has 2 versions available.

http://www.partsforsaabs.com/product_info.php?cPath=29_133&products_id=3227
I didn't really mean to offend anyone,Just my thoughts after 50 years of driving convertibles

I just think these items were meant for Benzes,Beamers,or Miatas

Cheers.. Ernie..:D

·
Registered
593 Posts
I want one too....but they are pretty pricey,; I'll have to wait until I'm feeling flush and the weather is motivating me as well

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
^ Wind screens don't have big brown sad eyes, nor do they stand between me and the door when I have keys in my hand.
^
<<<<----------------------- He, on the other hand....
He is quite the cute pooch....Guess that settles that :cheesy:

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Thanks for the link...hadn't seen that one before. Has anybody used one of these?
Did you look at it closely? its a cheap piece of plexi that is strapped with plastic straps to the headrests... I'd get caught dead before I put that thing on my car.

;oops::nono;

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Also, I am in sales.....so I always put my suit jacket on the back seat, and with the windblocker in I don't have to worry half my suit will fly out onto the highway!! I too leave it in most of the time, and just flip it up when needed....takes up less space mounted then it does folded up in the trunk. I don't often have back seat passangers....me and the wife, and our dog is small so he loves to ride under the winblocker and take a nap on a Saab fleece blanket...haha

Sean

1 - 20 of 21 Posts