SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.

I've found a 9-5 steering wheel with airbag and remote controls on it.
Its part no. is 4532255.

I'd like to mount it on my 1995 ng900 and I'm not sure if the airbag will work and if there will be anyway to use the remote controls with my saab/clarion headunit.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
That comes up as a steering wheel for a '98 NG900.

Article : Steering wheel
PartNo : 4532255
Usage : 1998, 40/400107546, NLS-USE 400107546
Supplementary Description : leather

·
Registered
15 Posts
Aleph said:
Hi guys.

I've found a 9-5 steering wheel with airbag and remote controls on it.
Its part no. is 4532255.

I'd like to mount it on my 1995 ng900 and I'm not sure if the airbag will work and if there will be anyway to use the remote controls with my saab/clarion headunit.

Thanks.
I've wondered about this as well... how big of a project would it be to upgrade the wheel with buttons?
1. wheel
2. wiring harness
3. radio
4. SID
5. Steering Column?

Would the harnesses between the 95 and 98 be compatible for the other functions?

·
Registered
10,377 Posts
The steering wheel for the '98 900, 9-3, and 9-5 are all the same. Installing one in earlier 900 involves replacing at least the upper half of the steering column, and of course the airbag. I did it my car, and it cost me about $200 for a 9-3 steering column, Viggen steering wheel, and 9-3 airbag. It's not really possible to install the radio buttons, though. The signal for them runs through the horn's wiring (the clocksprings are all the same), and the 9-3 and 9-5's computer determines if you're honking the horn or trying to control the radio. If you tried to install them on a NG900, you'd probably just end up with a lot of horn buttons. The '98 900 and base models of the 9-3 in Europe had blank plates on the sides of the airbag where the radio buttons would go. I bought them for my car for about $10 or $15 each at the dealer.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jeremy R. said:
The steering wheel for the '98 900, 9-3, and 9-5 are all the same. Installing one in earlier 900 involves replacing at least the upper half of the steering column, and of course the airbag. I did it my car, and it cost me about $200 for a 9-3 steering column, Viggen steering wheel, and 9-3 airbag. It's not really possible to install the radio buttons, though. The signal for them runs through the horn's wiring (the clocksprings are all the same), and the 9-3 and 9-5's computer determines if you're honking the horn or trying to control the radio. If you tried to install them on a NG900, you'd probably just end up with a lot of horn buttons. The '98 900 and base models of the 9-3 in Europe had blank plates on the sides of the airbag where the radio buttons would go. I bought them for my car for about $10 or $15 each at the dealer.
Ok, I guess I'll stick with my original steering wheel then.
Do you know any other saab steering wheel that would directly fit my '95 ng900? I mean, without changing steering column...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts