SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a set of 18" Falken Circuit Specs on my 03 VibeGT -- pics of my Vibe can be seen on my cardomain page: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/522631

The Falkens have a 5x100 lug pattern, but the offset is 40mm....will they fit a 9-2x? Here's a good stock pic (disregard the 4-bolt pattern on this pic):

I'd love to be able to use these on a Black 5sp Aero :)

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
What's the rim width?

Why not just do a test fit...it'll take 15 minutes. Or do you not have the Saab yet?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jdmpartstx said:
What's the rim width?

Why not just do a test fit...it'll take 15 minutes. Or do you not have the Saab yet?
Thanks jdmpartstx,

Therein lies the problem...I don't have the car yet. The rim is 18"x7", 100x5 bolt pattern, 40mm offset.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Your 40mm offset wheels would probably cause the tires to rub the inner fenders. You can get away with the 40mm offset on a WRX sedan due to the slightly wider fenders, the wagon does not offer as much overall clearance. The factory wheels on the 9-2's and WRX's have a 50+mm offset (53 -55). Also the center bore on the Vibe / Matrix is 54m in diameter. The wheels you have most likely use a centering ring, even if you tried to use these and drive on them, you would need to get a set of 56mm centering rings. Another issue, the best tire size is 225/40-18 and the minimum with wheel for most 225/40's is 7.5"

There are plenty of Subaru/Saabaru specific wheels in the market, you would be happier in the long run to buy something intended for this application.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts