SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
i believe it means there are 4, 16" wheels. yes they should fit fine on your 900. if it fits on a 9-3, it will fit on a 900, only differences are the front and rear bumpers.

·
Registered
600 Posts
thats a pretty nice set of wheels. you could probably keep them for winters if you wanted or sell them and buy steelies then keep whatever cash is left.

·
Registered
9,302 Posts
Those 7-spoke wheels are fairly rare. They're made by BBS, and they came on the 1997 Talladega everywhere but the US. They were also the wheels you got with the snow tire package for years. I've only seen them on a few cars.

·
Registered
9,302 Posts
I have the talladega. does that mean my car wasnt US issued
Possibly. Talladegas are also supposed to have painted bumper tops, black bumper trim, and painted mirrors. Yours doesn't have any of that, at least not that I can see. Is yours an SE with a two-tone leather interior? There was a base model Talladega in Canada that lacked most of the cosmetic goodies that we got in the US.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hmm. Now I am curious, The interior carpets and seats are tan the roof is black. The trim inside is black and the top of the dash and steering wheel is black and has wood grain. When i got my vehicle registered, the VIN showed up as a 900se/TALA.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My insurance company also said the VIN matched Talladega, my interior is also leather, I dont know what you meant by 2 tone beacause my interior dash and wheel and door handles and roof and trim around the windshield are black while the seats and carpets are tan.

·
Registered
9,302 Posts
The Talladega's two-tone interior is entirely black, except for the seats and the door panel inserts, which are tan leather. No other 900 ever had leather door panel inserts, and regular 900s with tan seats also had tan carpets, tan glove compartment doors, and completely tan doors. If you have tan carpets, then it's not the normal Talladega interior.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have tan carpets and tan glove compartment doors door handles are black plastic. This is confusing, why does my VIN show up as a Talladega. But the car not match the description of one.

·
Registered
16,902 Posts
I have tan carpets and tan glove compartment doors door handles are black plastic. This is confusing, why does my VIN show up as a Talladega. But the car not match the description of one.
Unless you've been here before discussing this issue, you're not the first guy to report it. I've seen someone else have a car that came up as Talledega in the VIN but did not appear to be one. I suspect Saab had some chassis marked as Talledegas left over but didn't have the other needed parts so they built as SE that was already a Talladega VIN.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have not discussed it before. That would make sense though. so technically it is or isnt a talladega?

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
Just order and put the $25 (probably more now) Talladega patch on the right rear trunk panel and 99 out of 100 people will think it's a Talladega... Ron

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks guys and it doesnt bother me that its not a talladega just like to know that stuff since Im new to Saabs. I just wished my front seats were in better shape it ruins the interior for me

·
Registered
465 Posts
Used to be a couple sellers on e-bay with seat skins for our Saabs...haven't checked lately. I have seen and even bought a set at a 'pick a part'..not hard to pull and not hard to swap out. Easier than trying to change the skind on a 95 900SE vert!!!:lol:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts