SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got some nice Michelin tires for free that have been used for one season, I have a set of 17s I want to put them on but I don't know if they will rub or not. They are 225/50/r17

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Good question. I have 225-45-17 on my 2005 9-3. They fill the wheel well without rubbing. This car runs on country roads with lots of dips and bumps, so far no problem. In my case I would not go any larger. Your tires are almost an inch greater in diameter. Considering you have a 2001 and probably some spring sag, I recommend no go on that size. Others may chime in who drive a 2001. Then again, free tires!

·
Registered
16,781 Posts
That's a large diameter... I think you may get some rubbing on the inner wheel well based on other feedback I've seen.

But, the other side of the equation is what wheel width and offset. That will tell you more of whether you will be close on the inside or outside.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
BobSaabit
SaabCentral Forums
SaabCentral forum the most comprehensive Saab resource on the internet. Join our discussions on the Saab 9-3, Saab 9-5, Saab 900, Saab 9000 and all other Saab models, choose your forum.
Full Forum Listing