SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for steel rims for a 1997 900 SE that will maintain to same 16/6.5 size as the stock alloys. I found these here:

http://market.autopartsfair.com/saab-wheels_rims/item-hgo31785f54.html

They are for a 2003 9-3 but i think that they may be the same 5/110 bolt pattern as the stock wheels. Does anyone know if that's true and if the offset is the same or will still work ok?

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
Well, that's a bit odd.
The 2003 9-3 didn't come with STEEL wheels ever. The Linear, which was the "low end" model has/had ALLOY RIMS.

And if it's the 2003 9-3 convertible they are refering to...um , well THAT had alloy rims, as well.

So I'm confused because it seem they are calling them OEM Saab wheels?!?!?

and, if I am not mistaken, the SS does have a different offset.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmm - perhaps Saab, or another company for Saab, manufactured them for people who wanted to buy steel rims for winter? As long as they fit it doesn't matter to me but unfortunately the site doesn't specify.

I guess if someone knows what the bolt pattern / offset of the 2003 9-3 that would answer my question.

Thanks!

·
Registered
487 Posts
saab did offer a steal wheel kit for winter tyres. and it should fit. i think all newer model saabs have interchangeble wheels.

·
Registered
380 Posts
The 9-3 SS does NOT, i repeat NOT, have the same offset as the og9-3/9-5/ng900. Bolt pattern matches though.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Should still work, Ive never heard anyone haveing problems with SS wheels on their older cars.

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
SS offset is something like a +30 or 35. NG900/9-3 is a +40...

I just bought a set of SS wheels but I haven't mounted them yet...

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Yeah, some people use the SS wheels, mostly the vector and aero ones. But considering the plain fact of the difference offset, I'd triple check before you order these steelies. If you really want steelies, there should be plenty that were made for your car. My local classifieds is always full of sets of snows on steels for sale. People will sell em seperate after they sell their car to make some extra cash.

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
There is a free set of NG 900 steel rims with winter tires mounted on saabnet.

The 9-3 SS rims will not fit. Any other steel rims will.

The 9-3SS came with steel rims in Linear trim outside of North America, as well they were and always are availible through your friendly local Saab Retailer. Since the early 1980's at least, Saab has been running a winter tire program pushing steel rims and wheel covers with winter tires mounted on them.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
what makes the SS steel rims different than anyother SS wheel that people have put on their ng900s and old 9-3s?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Basically I just want a cheapo steel 16*6.5 steel rim to keep my tire size the same; I don't care whether it's SS or not, only that it is cheap and it works :D

If anyone knows any other steel rims that work that'd be cool!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts