SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am changing the clutch on my 2000 LPT and I was wondering of the AERO clutch kit would work. I have heard it would and the only difference is a stiffer pressure plate. I just want to make sure before I pull the trigger.

Also, since I am in there I was going to change the clutch slave cylinder. Are there other things to change while I am at it? I am thinking it would be a good time to do the motor mounts and have a look in the oil pan. (Mobil 1 at 3k since new, but can't hurt to look.) Are there any other things that should be dealt with while I have the patient open?

Any tips on removing/replacing the transmission?

Drive Safe,

Joe

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I am changing the clutch on my 2000 LPT and I was wondering of the AERO clutch kit would work. I have heard it would and the only difference is a stiffer pressure plate. I just want to make sure before I pull the trigger.

Also, since I am in there I was going to change the clutch slave cylinder. Are there other things to change while I am at it? I am thinking it would be a good time to do the motor mounts and have a look in the oil pan. (Mobil 1 at 3k since new, but can't hurt to look.) Are there any other things that should be dealt with while I have the patient open?

Any tips on removing/replacing the transmission?

Drive Safe,

Joe
afaik, it fits just fine, and is a great upgrade. I wish i had the time and know how to do a clutch on a car like this, but good luck and let us know how it goes!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the conformation. I will order an Aero kit.

I hope to get the know how by doing this job. We will see how it works out.

Any other things I should change while I am in there?

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Thanks for the conformation. I will order an Aero kit.

I hope to get the know how by doing this job. We will see how it works out.

Any other things I should change while I am in there?
see thats usually my problem- trying jobs with no clue what im getting myself into :cheesy:

how about a 7lb flywheel for *gasp* 1st gear acceleration? you might consider getting yours resurfaced if its looking shot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts