SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2004 9-3 2.0t
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok suddenly my car (04 9-3 linear) will start (so clutch engages correct) but will not go into gear? Any ideas? I mean I've had t go to the floor to shift or start since I've had it(about a year)… is there an app or separate site that has the diagnostic tool I hear people speak of or is it just an OBII scanner? If u answer any visual aide would be appreciated or tell me where to look under there...I need Obi-Saab-Kenobi'shelp!!

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
clutch is severely worn out, or master or slave cylinder is toast.

i would start at the master clyinder, if not.. then u need to deop the transmission to do both a clutch and a slave cylinder

·
Registered
2004 9-3 2.0t
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok where is this master cylinder (what to check) and could it be cable or the switch on floor by pedal?

·
Registered
2004 9-3 2.0t
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
clutch is severely worn out, or master or slave cylinder is toast.

i would start at the master clyinder, if not.. then u need to deop the transmission to do both a clutch and a slave cylinder
also where are they located. I'm a DIYer point me there ill get it done

·
Super Moderator
9,053 Posts
clutch is mechanical and hydraulic,if you can engage the gears when the engine ISN'T running,and CAN'T when it is,then there is an issue with the clutch itself,master or slave cylinder..

·
Registered
2004 9-3 2.0t
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UPDATE**
OK I WENT OUT AND MESSED WITH PEDAL. IT WAS HALF WAY DOWN. I PULLED IT ALL THE WAY OUT AND WALA...MY CAR SHIFTS AGAIN. GUESS THE CABLE WAS STUCK. NOW WHAT CAN I DO TO LUBE THE CABLE? I DROVE IT TONIGHT AND SHE WAS LIKE THE BEAUTY I KNOW ND LOVE.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
It sounds like you might need a new spring for your clutch pedal.
clutchspring.png

1 - 8 of 8 Posts