SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought some B+G springs for my 99' 9-3 from another member, and I lok on the side and realize that it says "Saab 900 4 + 6 cyl 93-98". Will there be any capatibility issues for putting these springs onto my car? I will be using them in conjunction with koni shocks.

·
Banned
1,047 Posts
I dont think there should be a problem because your car is a 900, just like mine. Someone will chime in that knows for sure. One thing you could do is call a dealer and ask.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
WaSaabiPSI said:
I dont think there should be a problem because your car is a 900, just like mine. Someone will chime in that knows for sure. One thing you could do is call a dealer and ask.
dealers rarely know compadibility of parts trust me i know

from what i know the front springs are a lil diff so they wont fit unless you get the top part of a 900 strut (what holds the spring on the strut) as for the back....they'll fit no prob

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
grkguy89 said:
dealers rarely know compadibility of parts trust me i know

from what i know the front springs are a lil diff so they wont fit unless you get the top part of a 900 strut (what holds the spring on the strut) as for the back....they'll fit no prob
Damn. I have no experience with suspension; my mechanic would be doing all of the work...I don't know if I want to go through all of that rouble to get the piece and modify it, especially when I don't know exactly what part I need to get...

Anyone else know what to do? I think I might return them to the buyer...

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
front springs are different from 9-3 to 900 not sure about the rear ones

You need upper spring seats from a 900 id suggest just getting springs for your car

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Yup, the fronts are completely different, on the 900 they have a tapered end whereas on the 9-3 they don't.

Look HERE for more information.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.