SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m throwing an evap systems leak on my 2008 95. All I did was google my codes from my obd2. If I go to a garage for a T2 scan, will it show specifically where it’s leaking? Or maybe indicate something more specific of the issue than just an emissions/evap problem? That’s if there’s Evan a tech 2 around central Maine...

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
And your codes are?
Run the codes through the WIS troubleshooting then any Tech2 test will be highlighted...so the answer is maybe.
Any testing will probably require pressurising the system and then probably activating valves maybe with Tech2....so probably.

As to finding someone with a Tech2 and then with knowledge to use it is another issue.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And your codes are?
Run the codes through the WIS troubleshooting then any Tech2 test will be highlighted...so the answer is maybe.
Any testing will probably require pressurising the system and then probably activating valves maybe with Tech2....so probably

As to finding someone with a Tech2 and then with knowledge to use it is another issue.
Codes were p0441 and p0455. Universal emissions leak and major evap leak. But Ive checked vac lines, swapped out my purge valve and cleaned my MAF sensor with no help. I’m wondering if it’s this widely known “running poorly on hot days” issue.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Fault trace of the codes involves using the Tech2 to run various tests.
So you need to find someone who has one and knows how to use it along with the WIS.
Or buy your own and join the learning curve........

Thats some fish btw (Bass?)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fault trace of the codes involves using the Tech2 to run various tests.
So you need to find someone who has one and knows how to use it along with the WIS.
Or buy your own and join the learning curve........

I’m pretty much gonna chalk it up to an unfixable issue. Still reading a lot about this hot humid weather issue that some of them have. My fiancé also said hers ran a little rough yesterday. Its been in the 80s and super humid lately. Guess we will wait and see if it comes out of it this fall. I just don’t have the money to start replacing everything it COULD be. Cuz that’s a lot of things lol.
Ya, that’s a bass I caught this spring. My first hobby, before my car haha

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
2 Participants
Mossypumpkin
SaabCentral Forums
SaabCentral forum the most comprehensive Saab resource on the internet. Join our discussions on the Saab 9-3, Saab 9-5, Saab 900, Saab 9000 and all other Saab models, choose your forum.
Full Forum Listing