SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No, this isn't an attempt at building the ultimate wife-friendly Saab 9-3, I need to go pick up a dishwasher tomorrow as our's "let the smoke out" yesterday. :cheesy:

Anyone ever carried one in their NG900 or 9-3? I measured and it seems like it should fit ok with the seats down. The dimensions are 24 1/4 X 24 5/8 x 34 1/4. I figured I could lay it on it's back and from the back of the front seats to the 34 1/4" mark I should be able to clear the 24 1/4" height but it could be close.

Anyone done it?

·
Registered
321 Posts
i have been amazed at the things i could fit into my car. that seems it would be a close fit. if it lays down in the trunk well, the only problem i see would be the corners of it touching the glass, maybe find something to wedge into the opening of the hatch to keep it open a bit? my .02 :)

·
Registered
353 Posts
Thinking of all the stuff I've loaded into the back of my 9-3, I can't imagine not being able to fit a dishawaher in there, the boxes aren't all that large.

·
Registered
32 Posts
i fit a mattress and a box spring in mine and drove it from philadelphia pa to scranton...people were in awe as i passed them with the hatch bungied shut...i have a pic on my phone i should post

·
Registered
203 Posts
I loaded the Viggen up with approximately 30 concrete cinder blocks one day from Lowes. It was awesome to see the people walking by wondering what I was doing. It rode pretty low, so I had to take it easy, but it made it home just fine. Who knew the Saab could cover as a truck!

jerel

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I think it should fit, I fit a 36" diameter floor fan into the back of my 900. Of course without the packaging, but the fan frame diameter was about 37" across.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone, I'll take a picture when its in. Sounds like it won't be a problem at all.

If you guys can fit a cement mixer, mattress/boxsprings and cinder blocks then I should easily be able to fit the dishwasher in there.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I’ve fit a full oven in the back and closed the hatch, a washing machine should be a bit smaller. Also fit 40 cases of beer, 1200 lbs of concrete bags (not a great idea but it worked) and a 2.3L engine.

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
Eric, I used pics of your car with the beer in the back in my thread and one with the engine in the back as well :cheesy:

Do you have a pic of the concrete bags in?

I transpoted 20 bags of crushed rock in the back but my camera's battery was drained so no pics of that :x

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
i've put a dishwasher in the back on my ng900. It was one of those dishwaters that hook up to the water faucet versus tap versus underneath a cabinet thought.

·
Registered
30 Posts
ERP said:
I’ve fit a full oven in the back and closed the hatch, a washing machine should be a bit smaller. Also fit 40 cases of beer, 1200 lbs of concrete bags (not a great idea but it worked) and a 2.3L engine.
I'm sorry, 40 cases of beer? Seriously? And here I thought four wedding cakes was an accomplishment. Furthermore, what were you doing with 40 cases of beer? Delivering for a distributor?

·
Registered
609 Posts
cachaa said:
I'm sorry, 40 cases of beer? Seriously? And here I thought four wedding cakes was an accomplishment. Furthermore, what were you doing with 40 cases of beer? Delivering for a distributor?
It was the average weekly demand for my fraternity when I was at Lehigh, big weekends would double that amount.

Sorry hkayssi, no pics of the concrete bags. 1200 lbs was a bit much and I took them out as soon as I got home.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Believe it or not, there is a dishwasher in there. I snapped a pic with it in the trunk but it didn't save for some reason.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
The best wheels, by far , I have seen are those on an antique car, fully restored, wood spokes, at Hershey in the fall.

Chrome plated wire wheels can also look damn good.
Or the painted cast iron wheels on a Seagrave fire truck.....from nigh 100 years ago...

Any car( eg a '97 Saab 900SE) that can swallow a Lazy Boy recliner can handle a dishwasher.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
nocluetim said:
A bit off topic here but... I love those wheels. Very nice! They fit / match your car perfectly. :cool:
Thanks. I wanted something "viggenish" but heard that Viggen wheels were easy to bend. These are 17x7.5 with 215/45 17 tires on Eibach Pro springs.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts