SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 2002 9-5 aero wagon three days ago. Test drove it and ran great besides needing motor mounts. Drove it home two hours but 20 minutes in transmission started shifting very rough and P0785 code. The car will now barely move from a stop. I have an 02 3.0t with no problems and I’ve heard the tcm’s are a problem with the 02 Aeros, is it possible to put the TCM from my 02 3.0t in my 02 Aero to see if it gets any better?

·
Registered
8,889 Posts
Yes, but you need to run SPS (service programming) with TECH2 for matching to your car.

·
Registered
7,900 Posts
Mimmi - the TCM does not need to be married to the car in the first generation 9-5's. it does need to be re-adapted and the easiest way is to clear the adaptation with a Tech 2, but driving will get you there (albeit slower) so you really don't need to do it.

Matthew - it's worth a try. The 02 TCM was a unique bird in that it was the only year that did not have support for paddle shifters. There may be different software in the controller to deal with the V6 but I'm pretty sure that it'll work and probably make your P0785 go away. For completeness you should check the part numbers on the two and maybe in the end get someone with a Tech 2 to load up the latest Aero software into it. But my bet is that it will work

·
Registered
8,889 Posts
I know that you do not need marriage, only SPS for adaptation (and right sw).

·
Registered
7,900 Posts
I've never needed SPS for adaptation. you do, however, need it to load the right firmware as well as a subscription to the right web service from which you can download the SW.

But you can do the adaptation with a simple Tech2 clearing of the adaptation tables and then doing the specific driving.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mimmi - the TCM does not need to be married to the car in the first generation 9-5's. it does need to be re-adapted and the easiest way is to clear the adaptation with a Tech 2, but driving will get you there (albeit slower) so you really don't need to do it.

Matthew - it's worth a try. The 02 TCM was a unique bird in that it was the only year that did not have support for paddle shifters. There may be different software in the controller to deal with the V6 but I'm pretty sure that it'll work and probably make your P0785 go away. For completeness you should check the part numbers on the two and maybe in the end get someone with a Tech 2 to load up the latest Aero software into it. But my bet is that it will work
Thank you just looking t

1 - 7 of 7 Posts