SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 9-5 Linear Sedan on Aero Springs with Bilstein HD's. Thinking of getting a set of Saab OEM 17 x 7.5 wheels with offset of 41, combined with 235/45/17 wheels. Should I be ok with clearance, or will they rub? Thanks.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Lowered on h&r springs/koni struts, and on 17" BBS RK2's with 235's, i only saw some rubbing when i put the shims in the rear wheel hubs to align it.

They wore some plastic off, and i cut a small part of the fender lip, and now no rubbing. had three people in the back seat last night at one point, and no rubbing. I cant say for sure what would happen if i hit a big bump at like 55mph though.

You should be fine though.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
stipud said:
Shouldn't be a problem. I believe that's how they are set up from stock on the new 06+ models.
They have 235's stock on the 06+'s?

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
stipud said:
That's right. The rims are a half inch wider (7.5 instead of 7.0) and they got 235 rubber instead of 225. I believe the hubs also sit out a bit further as well.
Hmm... I may eventually have to make my car's stance just as wide! :cool:

·
Registered
17 Posts
79Saab900Turbo said:
I have a 2003 9-5 Linear Sedan on Aero Springs with Bilstein HD's. Thinking of getting a set of Saab OEM 17 x 7.5 wheels with offset of 41, combined with 235/45/17 wheels. Should I be ok with clearance, or will they rub? Thanks.
It should be OK, but you will hv more bounce as +06 front springs are thicker ( previously used as further 'improved' Aero springs version on pre+06 ).

I used to be on 'improved' Aero springs w B6 shocks but on Saab original rims 17x7.5, offset 49, w 235/45/17. I also found this set-up bouncy, after some time of use.

Now on H&R lowered springs w/ B6 & w/ the same wheel profile. The ride is greatly improved; less bouncy. No rubbing & also sit-in well; w/o butchering out on lowered springs.

I would advise you to go direct to this set-up for a peace of mind; will be even better on Bilstein B8.

Cheers

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Should've use B8's with those springs... :confused:

·
Registered
2006 Saab 9-5 2.3T, Stage lll ecu, 3" downpipe, 2.5" BSR cat back, 60th Ann wheels.
694 Posts
They shouldn't rub. I have 235/45/17 toyo proxes on 17x8 wheels with an offset of 30 which will rub ever so slightly when the suspension is fully compressed. Measured from the rotor the wheels are about 3/4" further out. When I had 225's on the same wheels there was no rub at all.

With your 7.5 inch wheels and an offset of 41 there is still lots of room left.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts