SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not bothered about the wheel arch lip side as I'd remove it if I was going to fit bigger wheels, but what size tyre/wheel could you fit on a 17" alloy before it starts to foul on the inside, ie against the suspension etc?????

I guess spacers are also an option to allow for more room?

Prob gonna be a cheapskate n see of I can pick up some 17's off an Accord/Prelude, just want to go for the widest possible.

Ta.

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alloys with lowering springs

Have you got lowered springs aswell????

Ideally I'm looking at the max size you can fit with lowered sports springs.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Rims are Eagle Alloys Series 193 17x7 in Gunmetal :D With Nankang rotational tires.

I do not have lowering springs, and it kind of looks like it is the 4x4 stance but its not bad enough to annoy me. I like them and the car handles like a go-kart.

Thanks for the compliments!

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice car

bohtak......v cool, 4 door saloon looks nice in black with descent alloys.

Have you sprayed the grille aswell?

The charcoal alloys suit Saab shape really well, I may have to keep an eye out for some.

Hmmm, I'm also now confused...I've seen a few Saabs without the door & quater panel trim n they look real nice, not sure whether I prefere like that or with SPG kit i've got on mine........

·
Registered
573 Posts
Si, thanks for the compliments..

yes the grille was sprayed black. the chrome bumper linings changed to black linings as well.

saabs look good in black :cheesy:

·
Registered
573 Posts
evan, i dont think there is any possible way to dyi offset your wheels.
wheel offset can be played with by adding spacers or skimmng the wheel offset.

add spacers will decrease the offset (eg. offset 10mm + 5mm spacer = 5mm offset)
while skimming the rims will increase offset (eg. offset 10mm + 5mm skimming = 15mm offset)

remember, the bigger the number offset, the closer it sits in, the smaller the offset, the outer the rim sits

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
Spacers should only be used to decrease the offset slightly. The wheel shouldn't be pushed out further than the locating spigot in the centre otherwise the vertical location of the wheel will be lost.

Skimming the wheel to increase the offset should only be done by a professional with the correct tools.

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
track wheels

So if you were building a car for track only what wheels & tyres would you use?

Would 205's on 17 * 7 be enough rubber or would you want to go wider?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts