SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am looking at doing some maintenance on my Saab. Changing spark plugs, plug wires, air filter, etc. I was thinking it might be time to replace my O2 sensor as well since the car has almost 140,000 miles on it. I have never done it since owning the vehicle, and I don't think that the previous owner did either.

I see that there are standard O2 sensors and also wideband O2 sensors. I'm not concerned about price, but am unsure if wideband O2 sensors will work on a 4-Cylinder. A particular product page I looked at only spoke of a V6, so I'm not sure if it is compatible. I want to get the very best performing parts for my car.

Any input?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Nope, voltages are different. The wideband sensor is only for the v6. Everything else is narrowband. In your case, you get the wideband if you get a special ECU tune to recognize the voltages coming from wideband, or you install a wideband sensor for dash gauge purposes only. You still need the narrowband for normal car operations.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, voltages are different. The wideband sensor is only for the v6. Everything else is narrowband. In your case, you get the wideband if you get a special ECU tune to recognize the voltages coming from wideband, or you install a wideband sensor for dash gauge purposes only. You still need the narrowband for normal car operations.
Thanks for the reply. So if I were to get Brew City's Stage 1 tune for instance, do you think that is a case where I would want a wideband sensor?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Ive had BCB stage 1 tunes before, its pretty safe and a wideband is not required. Stage 3 plus I would start considering it.
You only need wideband to keep an eye on fueling issues. Stage 1 doesn't top this out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.