SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally a wideband with a normal looking guage! I've seen thousands of a/f guages but not wideband. I just figured if you wanted wideband you had to get the box looking device to monitor. WRONG! This thing can be installed and used on a permanent basis to monitor and data log. I thought this was pretty slick and have added it to my wish list.

Is tapping the existing O2 sensor wiring risky in terms of signal interference or any other potential problems? Would it be best to drill into the downpipe and put another sensor in before the cat to avoid tapping the stock wiring (cost implications aside)?

It's not cheap but would provide great peace of mind and forewarning of potential MAF sensor problems or negative impact of hardware modifications.

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/xcart/customer/product.php?productid=16163&cat=254&page=1

To be used with....

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/xcart/customer/product.php?productid=16169&cat=253&page=1

·
Registered
276 Posts
XAAMOTTOMAAX said:
Is tapping the existing O2 sensor wiring risky in terms of signal interference or any other potential problems? Would it be best to drill into the downpipe and put another sensor in before the cat to avoid tapping the stock wiring (cost implications aside)?
You need a wideband o2 sensor to get that bad boy to work, can't tap into the existing wiring

·
Registered
431 Posts
I had an airfuel digital meter installed in my last alfa car, and there were no problems .

I broke into the signal wire from the lambda at the ecu as it was inside car where i was mounting the display, i had it installed for 15 months with no problems . My unit also had an output for a data logger but that one looks much more sleek

I have not checked the saab lambda, but the alfa one was 4 -wire, power supply, signal output and heater . I only needed 1 wire on the lambda circuit and suppplied the display from a local supply.

It was fun seeing the rich run at cold startup (took about 30 secs for lamda heater to get it on ) then as car warmed up, it would toggle up and down slowly at idle then toggle faster as you drove, then on full throttle it would go rich .

I was able to experiment with adjustable fuel pressure regulators , cone filters etc to see if there was any subtle changes.

It was indeed a fascinating and helpfull tool but not so advanced as that mother.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
The innovate units are great tools. I have one of the LM-1 that is real nice. You will have to use the included sensor. Stock 02 sensor will not work, they are narrowband and worthless for tuning. Some of the aftermarket downpipes have extra ports.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ahh...well then I must have been mistaken as I assumed all Bosch 4 wire sensors were wideband. After reading up it turns out 5 wire sensors are wideband and not 4 wire.

·
Registered
44 Posts
You could still use the guage to check your A/F ratio. I have the AEM one on my other car and it really helps with tuning. You DO have to drill a hole into the exhaust to get it to work properly. Also check out the AEM one a little more expensive but a very nice piece.

aempower.com is the site, go to sport compact performance, then click on electronics, itll be at the bottom of the page. Its called the UEGO. Best one on the market from my experience.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts